The Slave Name Roll Project goal is to recognize slaves mentioned in various documents with the ultimate goal of helping African-American genealogy researchers break through brick walls they encounter before the 1870 census.
The information they gather is:
- Name of the enslaved (usually only a given name)
- Name of the slave owner
- Source of the information (will, estate inventory, court case, deed, etc.)
- Date and location of the source information
Here is my first contribution.
- Doll and Venus
- Mary Hasket of Perquimans County, North Carolina
- 1772 Tax Records for Perquimans County, North Carolina
- accessed 6 Sep 2017 at http://perqtax.homestead.com/files/perq1772.html