The Slave Name Roll Project goal is to recognize slaves mentioned in various documents with the ultimate goal of helping African-American genealogy researchers break through brick walls they encounter before the 1870 census.
The information they gather is:
- Name of the enslaved (usually only a given name)
- Name of the slave owner
- Source of the information (will, estate inventory, court case, deed, etc.)
- Date and location of the source information
I’ve decided to do the entire page of the 1772 Tax Records for Perquimans County, North Carolina which included His Relatives. Here is the information for another family.
- Cesar, Zango, and Judah
- John Henby of Perquimans County, North Carolina
- 1772 Tax Records for Perquimans County, North Carolina
- accessed 6 Sep 2017 at http://perqtax.homestead.com/files/perq1772.html