Randy over at Genea-Musings posed this challenge on Saturday 15 July 2017. Since I am behind, it is my Wednesday night fun!
For this week’s mission, I challenge you to:
Determine what is your longest unbroken line of ancestral gravestones – how many generations can you go back in time? I can go back to my 5x-great Grandparents (I’ve seen them all! Do you have photographs of them? Yep! I’m using the Find A Grave pictures, some of which I took.
- Grandmother Helen May Fetherkile Vernak (1906-1993) in Urbana Cemetery, Urbana, Iowa. (photo taken by me)
- Great Grandparents Harry Cecil Fetherkile (1884-1980) and Lottie Maud Smith Fetherkile (1887-1926) both in Urbana Cemetery, Urbana, Iowa (photos taken by me)
- 2x Great Grandparents Andrew Holt Smith (1854-1914) and Katherine May Burrell Smith (1859-1942) in Urbana Cemetery, Urbana, Iowa (photos taken by me)
- 3x-Great-Grandparents Marcus Lafayette Smith (1824-1902) and Caroline L. Fox Smith (1830-1903) in Pinewood Cemetery, Daytona Beach, FL
- 4x-Great Grandparents Thomas Lester Fox (1794-1865) and Elizabeth Christophers Holt Fox (1796-1883) in East Neck Cemetery, Waterford, CT
- 5x-Great Grandparents Deacon Samuel Fox (1762-1848) and Esther Lester Fox (1766-1867) in East Neck Cemetery, Waterford, CT